ADSM-L

Re: Help on SAP filesystems

2004-02-06 05:48:28
Subject: Re: Help on SAP filesystems
From: Koen Willems <koen_willems AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:47:50 +0000
Robert,

You could try to write the backup to a non collocated pool.. so the data
gets spread on multiple tape volumes.

Then expiriment with the resourceutilisation parameter in your option file.

The net effect you want to create is to do non qeury restores with as mutch
tapemounts as possible... because the data is spread over multiple volumes
you get more tape mounts and more restore streams...You also should raise
the maxmountpoints paramaters on your client to allocate enough mointpoint
for your client.

If you have enough diskspace  use devclass volumes file for your onsite
pool... this will give you the fastest restore in the biss..( on the client
option resourceutil eg 10) ( on your client maxnummp 10 ) using only tape
for copypools.

Suc 6.

Koen