ADSM-L

3494 audit library time estimate

2004-02-06 02:24:23
Subject: 3494 audit library time estimate
From: "French, Michael" <Michael.French AT SAVVIS DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 01:17:03 -0600
Anyone out there with an IBM 3494 library that has ever performed an "audit
library" have any idea how long it should take?  I had about 60 tapes that are
in the library but TSM refuses to mount them stating that they are unavailable
(updated the to read/write and tried to audit them).  I reinventoried on the
library side, problem still exists so about 6 hours ago, I kicked off a library
audit on one of my servers that is attached to the library.  How long should
this take?

Relative info:

IBM 3494 library, 1 HA1, 1 L12, 2 D12 frames
8 3590 tape drives
965 tapes in the library
2 TSM servers attached to library
TSM server 2 (one running audit) owns about 500 tapes
TSM 5.1.8.1
Solaris 8

Command used for audit:

audit library ids02atl1 checkl=barcode

Nothing in the logs since this started.  Thanks!

Michael French