ADSM-L

Re: Help with an estimate

2004-02-05 16:42:31
Subject: Re: Help with an estimate
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:41:28 +1100
On Friday, Feb 6, 2004, at 06:14 Australia/Sydney, Lee, Gary D. wrote:

I need a way to estimate the size of a storage pool backup.
Looked through the database specs, but just don't see it.
Any help is appreciated.  A pointer to a manual section is fine.

Is something like "backup stg source dest preview=y wait=y" what you're
after? May take a little while, but the figures should be dead-on.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA