ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 performances on AIX 5.1

2004-02-05 12:45:08
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 performances on AIX 5.1
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:44:41 -0700
        Ahh, so this is a fresh install.

        The suggestions about checking out the NIC and switch
configurations are a good.

        I suggest doing an FTP between the 2 hosts to see if your issues
are at the OS or TSM level. If your FTP is about as slow as TSM backups,
then it is likely that your network devices are not agreeing on the
negotiation speeds, and might have ended up in half duplex.

        The "entstat" command is helpful in seeing what the card is set
to and what speed it's actually working at.

Ben