ADSM-L

Re: Management Class Problems

2004-02-04 16:15:42
Subject: Re: Management Class Problems
From: Mahesh Tailor <mahesh.tailor AT NETWORK.CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:14:58 -0500
Hi, Mark!

Thanks for the reply.

We left the dsm.opt file exactly as it was, but changed the default
management class to MS_SERVER_OS.  Any backups now got (re)bound to
PC_SERVER_USERDATA!

Once we verified that this was all good, we changed the default MC back
to TODISK and without changing the dsm.opt did the same backup.
Everything went to DEFAULT.

We changed the default MC to NW_SERVER_OS and once again everything
started going back to the correct MC - PC_SERVER_USERDATA in this case.

We deleted to TODISK MC and recreated it exactly and made it the
default.  Now everything is binding correctly!

Was it corrupted?  Who knows!

Any thoughts?

Mahesh

--