ADSM-L

Need Help Getting MS-EXCHANGE Cluster backups to work

2004-02-04 11:07:31
Subject: Need Help Getting MS-EXCHANGE Cluster backups to work
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:37:15 -0500
Hello all,
    Our MS people are having a terrible time getting the new MS2003 exchange
cluster to work.  They have experience on the regular servers but this
cluster backup seems to have a continues steam of problems.
    The OS on the client is MS 2003, the Exchange is 2003,  the TSM client
is 5.1.5.0, the TDP is 5.2.   The TSM server is 5.1.8.1 on z/os 1.4.

It appears that the installation losses the password.  The indivual servers
SERVER-A and SERVER-B backup O.K. but the MS-EXchange backup initially lost
the License.  So we reloaded that from one of the NEW (same software levels,
but not a cluster) MS-Exchanges stand alone servers. I guess they are tired
of reinstalling the product.  Anyway, now that it has the License it looses
the password.  I, the TSM server admin, am truely confused as to how this is
supposed to work.  Were is the MS server supposed to keep a TDP Exchange
password if the service can fail over to a different server ( A or B).
When it would fail over there is no password.  Are all of the TSM
installation softweare supposed to be in some shared disk directory.  Right
now I see standard TSM client code on SERVER-A and SERVER-B on there own
respective C: drives?   Is there a good place to get a good working diagram
for this? Maybe a REDBOOK?
Matt