ADSM-L

TSM error

2004-02-04 06:36:37
Subject: TSM error
From: nghiatd <nghiatd2 AT FPT.COM DOT VN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:29:29 +0700
Hello all,
I have a problem with TSM. I use TSM to backup Oracle

1.      Installing TDP for Oracle 5.1.5 as instruction document to directory
    C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\AgentOBA  of machine having IP address
192.168.131.7

     Before installing TDP, TSM backup client 5.1.5 was installed with TSM API
version 5.1.5.

     TSM server 5.1.5 was installed on PC with IP address 192.168.131.149

 2.      Configuring TDP for Oracle following steps:

 Define a  tdpo.opt file in the  directory  C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\AgentOBA

with following content:

            DSMI_ORC_CONFIG    C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\agentoba\dsm.opt

DSMI_LOG           C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\agentoba

tdpo_trace_flags orclevel0 orclevel1 orclevel2

tdpo_trace_file c:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\agentoba\tdpo.out

Register the TDP for Oracle node to  TSM server :successful

Define a  dms.opt file  in the  directory  C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\AgentOBA

with following content:

commmethod      tcpip

NODename bu4db

TCPPORT 1500

TCPServeraddress 192.168.131.149

tracefile c:\oracle\admin\rman\tsmapi.out

traceflag service

passwordaccess generate

Change to the  C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\AgentOBA directory and run

  a.. tdpoconf password command : successful
  b.. tdpoconf showenvironment : successful.
3.      Run RMAN backup by command : successful.

When I query in TSM server with command : query occupancy *  , I don't see
database that was backup.

What is the problem ? Could you help me?

Thanks