ADSM-L

Re: Restore command help...

2004-02-03 10:51:53
Subject: Re: Restore command help...
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:51:27 -0700
        Hmm, I was afraid of that...
        That snippet from the manual is indeed what I am seeing, but I
find it interesting that the "q backup..." command will return the list
of files, but the "restore..." will fail with the same file spec. You
would think (hope) that they would behave the same.

        Luckily, shortly after I sent the e-mail I realized that the
actual file names that the developers were using were named after the
path that the file was in. So, I'm able to do the restore running a
command like this:

        dsmc restore /image_data01/*-05.tar -inactive=yes -subdir=yes

        But still, if these files were not named in this way, it looks
like I would not be able to restore them with a simple command. You
can't "restore certain files only from sub-directories with a certain
name"

Live and learn...
Ben