ADSM-L

Re: dsmadmc availability

2004-02-03 09:19:18
Subject: Re: dsmadmc availability
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:45 +0000
Hey Warren,

'dsmadmc', otherwise known as the TSM admin client, is installed as part of the
TSM client install for Windows, but *not* as part of the default installation
options. When installing the client from CD or wherever, you have to choose the
custom install options, and then ensure that the 'administrative' client option
is set to install as well.

Once installed, you will need to ensure that in the 'dsm.opt' the
TCPSERVERADDRESS option points at the IP address of your AIX TSM server. In the
Tivoli Storage Manager program group, you'll now see the administrative client,
or you can navigate to dsmadmc.exe from your own command line or explorer.

Have fun!

p.s. - Just switched to Powergen at home for our gas and electricity - great
service, and a free £20 gift voucher - fantastic!

David McClelland
Management Systems Integrator
Global Management Systems
Reuters
85 Fleet Street
London EC4P 4AJ

E-mail  david.mcclelland AT reuters DOT com