ADSM-L

Re: Sysback and 32-bit client

2004-01-29 12:20:33
Subject: Re: Sysback and 32-bit client
From: "Wheelock, Michael D" <Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:16:56 -0600
Hi,

I would assume that the 64-bit client is faster, smaller, better
(otherwise why create a 64-bit client) and as almost all of my systems
are 64-bit, that is the client that is loaded on them.  To me, running a
32-bit client on a 64-bit OS/Hardware is like running the 32-bit version
of Oracle on a 64-bit OS/Hardware (ie. It is gimping yourself some).
Also the future (whether IBM likes to admit it or not) is 64-bit
computing (Alpha's have been there for 10 years now..).

By only supporting the 32-bit client, it seems that IBM is saying that
we kind of support your bare metal solution.  I was just wondering if
anyone has seen any kind of timetable regarding changes to this feature.