ADSM-L

Journaling Problem

2004-01-28 07:52:15
Subject: Journaling Problem
From: Sam Rudland <Sam.Rudland AT INGDIRECT.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:12:49 -0000
Hi all,

I recently enabled journaling on a Windows 2000 box. I kicked off a
regular incremental, which took a few hours, and then another one which
started using the journal and completed in about twenty minutes which
was great! However I am getting some weirdness when the incremental runs
as part of a schedule. When I define the clientaction during the day the
journal works fine, but when the schedule runs the backup seems to hang,
the session timeout and then fail to re-establish. This has only started
happening since journaling was turned on.....

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before?

Thanks!

Sam Rudland