ADSM-L

Re: AIX adapter placement

2004-01-27 11:11:02
Subject: Re: AIX adapter placement
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:10:38 +0100
Hi Andy!
The 2969 Ethernet adapter is a 64-bit adapter and slot 1 and 2 are the only
64-bit slots in a H70. The manual I used is SA38-0538-23
(http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/pseries/en_US/infocenter/base/hardware_docs
/pdf/380538.pdf) which I assume is the 23rd edition...
I have 6 LTO1 drives which are daisy-chained in pairs. The 6203 adapter has
two SCSI connectors, so drive 1 and 2 are daisy-chained to connector 1 of
card 1, drive 3 and 4 are daisy-chained to connector 2 of card 1 and drive 5
and 6 are daisy-chained to connector 1 of card 2.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines