ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: Planning new SAN

2004-01-23 08:12:41
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Planning new SAN
From: Koen Willems <koen_willems AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:10:18 +0000
Dear Michael,

I installed a number of fabric with mixed tape and disk..

I use different zones for tape and disk i/o this is sufficient you do not
need a different fabric.

Cheers,

Koen.

From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:31:32 -0600

We are, we have Disk and Tape on the same fabric, though we balance the
load.

Backup Server
1 - Disk HBA to Switch1 Fab1
1 - Disk HBA to Switch2 Fab2

1 - Tape HBA to Switch1 Fab1
1 - Tape HBA to Switch2 Fab2

Work fine, and if one Fab goes down you still have access to some tape and
some STGpool on SAN Disk.