ADSM-L

NDMP Backups : How do I do directory level backups

2004-01-21 16:15:46
Subject: NDMP Backups : How do I do directory level backups
From: Matthew Edwards-Winser <cactus_computers-tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:59:58 -0800
Hi all, I am a little new to TSM, but learning fast.

Anyway I want to be able to split up the NDMP backups on the NetApp filer we
have into smaller chunks. My aim is to do backups at the qtree level eg
/vol/vol1/qtree1. This way I can reduce the impact on re-running a failed
backup if something goes wrong with the tape drive.

However from what I can see TSM will only backup at the node or volume level.