ADSM-L

Re: dsm.opt domain backup order

2004-01-20 12:46:38
Subject: Re: dsm.opt domain backup order
From: Jonathan Siegle <jsiegle AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:46:11 -0500
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Alexander Lazarevich wrote:

> Yeah, no prob, I ran into the nfs not being ALL-LOCAL a while back.
>
> Our NFS mounts are OS X workspaces, and since the OS X tsm client
> scheduler DOES NOT WORK, and the OS X tsm client software does NOT run
> on the command line (so you can't run a cron job on OS X), we mount the
There is a command line client for OS X. It is in version 5.2.2. Here is a
link to the README:

http://ftp.cac.psu.edu/pub/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v5r2/Mac/v522/IP22732_README

Here are some of the items listed under "What's New":

    - Macintosh OS X boot-time scheduler support
    - Macintosh OS X command-line Administrative client interface
    - Macintosh OS X command-line Backup-Archive client interface
    - Macintosh OS X support for non-administrator users
      on Mac OS 10.2 and Mac OS 10.3 only

NFS support is still a problem and is documented under the "Known problems
and limitations."

-Jonathan