ADSM-L

Re: Flushing out old TDP SQL backups

2004-01-20 09:50:27
Subject: Re: Flushing out old TDP SQL backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:49:59 -0500
Zoltan,

Do you mean the TSM Server setting on the NODENAME
called "BACKDELETE=YES"? Even it is set to NO,
it will not keep your good backups from expiring.
The BACKDELETE=YES setting is only important for
cleaning up backups when there was a failure during
a backup and there are temporary objects left around
or if you are trying to change management classes.

If the backups were successful, the backups that exist
will follow the management classes that you have set up.
Once you have set BACKDELETE=YES, the next backup will
clean up any old temporary objects for any failed backups.

I don't think you have any "garbage" SQL backups.
If you do, I would need more details on why you think this.
You can also call IBM support, if necessary.

Thanks,

Del