ADSM-L

Re: Backup Stopped by User message, ANS1028S

2004-01-20 08:14:00
Subject: Re: Backup Stopped by User message, ANS1028S
From: Tony Morgan <TONY.MORGAN AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:13:20 +0100
Hi Marc,

In addition to Richards' usual words of great wisdom...

If you stop the 'server' process and restart TSM from a scrollable CMD
window..

        cd to server directory
        >dsmserv -k "servername"

.. you may see some interesting information as the server starts up... look
for
msgs like "unable to [open/expand] [database/logfile/storage volume]".
Give me a shout if you need more help.

Don't forget to halt TSM *gently* afterwards and restart the 'Server'
service.

Good Luck

Tony Morgan
Fortis Bank UK