ADSM-L

Re: Backup Stopped by User message, ANS1028S

2004-01-20 07:59:40
Subject: Re: Backup Stopped by User message, ANS1028S
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:58:50 -0500
>I am suddenly having trouble with a backup after it has been happily
>chugging away for a number of years.  Every night the TSM backup (4.1.2,
>old I know) fails with this error in the dsmerror.log.  This is running on
>an NT4 server.
>
>ANS1028, Internal Program Error.  Please see your service representive.
>

>When I re-run the backup from the GUI it sometimes fails with a 'Backup
>Stopped by User' message.
>
>It always fails on one partition in paticular, the other backups on the
>client work fine.
>I've checked the Event Viewer and there are no obvious resource problems.
>
>Any ideas what I can try?

Marc - I would first check that the system is not at disk space exhaustion
       (or invoking user disk usage limit) as inability to write client logs
can cause this condition.
Look in the server Activity Log for any indications.  Beyond that, I would
examine the area of the partition where the backup log indicates that the
process is stopping, and potentially run a disk check against the area.

  Richard Sims, BU