ADSM-L

Re: Problem retaining full path name with retrieve

2004-01-19 09:55:41
Subject: Re: Problem retaining full path name with retrieve
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:53:54 -0700
>From the Unix client manual:

   complete
    Restores the entire path, starting from the root, into the specified
directory. The
    entire path includes all the directories except the file space name.

So the client is correctly.

The only way I can think of to accomplish what you want is to include the
file system name in the target directory specification, i.e.:

dsmc retrieve -preser=complete -filelist=restflst  /export/home/usr/

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group