ADSM-L

Re: 1 node, 2 servernames?

2004-01-16 14:36:10
Subject: Re: 1 node, 2 servernames?
From: Aamir Chaudry <achaudry AT STANFORD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:36:56 -0800
David!

On UNIX clients there is a PASSWORDDIR directive which can be used in
the dsm.sys to specify the location of the generated password. That way
you will have files of your choice to store the generated password as
opposed to using the default /etc/adsm/TSM.PWD file.

HTH

-- Aamir

David E Ehresman wrote:

We have a situation where we are trying to use a single node name to
access two differerent servername stanzas in dsm.sys.  Both stanzas
specify "passwordaccess generate" and use the same tcpserveraddress.
This works fine until the password is automatically updated.  Apparently
there is a different password entry for each  stanza and only one of
them gets updated.  So when an access is attempted using the other
stanza, a password failure occurs.

Anyone see a way around this other than using two different node
names?

David