ADSM-L

database restore

2004-01-16 09:27:43
Subject: database restore
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:13:36 -0500
      I'm about to restore a tsm database from one physical site to
another. Now on the source/current site the tsm and database log volumes
are on AIX raw logical volumes/lv's/non-fs. Now I want to restore this
database to the target tsm server at the target site. I assume that all I
have to do is create the logical volumes without a filesystem of equal or
more size on the target system's disk. Then just type in the restore
command as if I do when there file volumes? When I issue the "dsmserv
format" command before the restore to initialize the volumes I usually type
in a path of the file of the database and log volumes. I'm assuming all I
have to do is replace those filenames with: "/dev/rlvname" for the database
and log?.  Is this a correct assumption?. Does anyone have any
commands/docs on restoring a tsm database when it's on raw logical volumes?
I can't find docs anywhere for that situation. Also if I decided I wanted
the volumes to be files on mounted filesystems instead of rlvs, I'm
assuming I just specify the volume destination as the mounted filesystem,
during the actual database restore?.

Thanks in advance..

--Justin Richard Bleistein