ADSM-L

Storage Pool Problem

2004-01-15 04:37:58
Subject: Storage Pool Problem
From: Bernd Wiedmann <Bernd.Wiedmann AT GEK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:37:18 +0100
Hi folks,

yesterday, my Unix script for reclaiming a local sequential access
storagepool ran, but there was something
strange:

              The Reclamation process has finished, now the script
should do a update stgp reclaim=100
              The update took an hour (until the resource timout
parameter has canceld it) and i got the following
              messages in the actlog:
                                                    ANR0538I   An
resource waiter has been aborted
                                                    ANR2033E  UPDATE
STGPOOL: Command faild - lock conflict

There was no other process accessing the stgpool.
Server-version: 5.1.7.2 on AIX 5.1

Has someone any ideas???

cu
Bernd Wiedmann