ADSM-L

Re: Backing up NDS/eDirectory server

2004-01-14 16:36:26
Subject: Re: Backing up NDS/eDirectory server
From: Matt Zufelt <mzufelt AT SUU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:34:05 -0700
The answer on the automatic part is "it depends".  The newest version of the
TSM client for NetWare (5.2.2.0) will automatically backup NDS on a server that
holds a master replica.  For other servers and previous versions of the TSM
client, you need to add NDS: to the domain line in your dsm.opt file.

For example:
DOMAIN          ALL-LOCAL NDS:

When you query the filespaces on the TSM server, you'll see a filespace called
NODE\NDS: which is listed separate from other filespaces for the node.

Matt Zufelt
Southern Utah University

>>> zforray AT VCU DOT EDU 1/14/2004 1:34:14 PM >>>
I need to backup a Netware 6.0 SP3 server with eDirectory (NDS + LDAP).

Do I need to code anything special in the DSM.OPT / INCLUDE or is this an
automatic thing ?  If it is automatic, how can I tell ?  Is it part of the
"server specific" stuff ?

 Also plan to do a test recovery of this server to another box, to test
the restore aspect, including the NDS/eDirectory piece.

Any hints/tips/suggestion/war-stories in this arena ?  So far the only
experience we have with recovering Netware systems has been user-data
only, not NDS !