ADSM-L

Re: Inconsistency between summary and actlog

2004-01-14 07:39:48
Subject: Re: Inconsistency between summary and actlog
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:39:29 -0500
>Richard
>
>Thanks for the advice  ..... Do you know where I can found the
>format/structure of the accounting records (dsmaccnt.log)

Sure, Robert: in the Admin Guide manual.
See also "ACCOUNTING RECORD FORMAT" toward the bottom of
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts for further insight on
field contents.  Also on my http://people.bu.edu/rbs you can
find a "professional level" Perl program which produces a report
from the dsmaccnt.log file.  I'm embarassed to say that the program
still needs updating from its ADSMv3 level, but is can certainly
form the foundation for tailoring to your site's needs.  There are
plenty of internal comments to make things apparent.

  Richard Sims, BU