ADSM-L

Re: Open File Support for Windows 2003 (Was Userprofile Backup wit h Windows2003 and TSM 5.2)

2004-01-13 15:39:40
Subject: Re: Open File Support for Windows 2003 (Was Userprofile Backup wit h Windows2003 and TSM 5.2)
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:38:42 -0600
OK, I'm confused.

The 5.2.2 readme indicates that Open File Support is not supported for 2003.
The manual seems to indicate this also.

But I am able to install OFS agent with 5.2.2 client on 2003 and it allows
me to backup locked files (ntuser.dat of a logged in user).

Support has indicated below to use Open File Support on 2003.

So can someone (Andy?) please clarify this?

Thanks,

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg