ADSM-L

Re: TSM etherchannel adapter

2004-01-13 10:09:58
Subject: Re: TSM etherchannel adapter
From: "Wheelock, Michael D" <Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:07:17 -0600
Hi,

The short answer is "that depends".  We have used netif_backup
etherchannels (as well as the 5.2 equivalent) for some time with no
issues.  The only gotcha is that the interfaces that will be part of the
etherchannel must be down to form the etherchannel.  Additionally, we
had some minor issues on systems we were converting where the old
ethernet definition would hang around and break the formation of the
etherchannel at boot time.

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health of Oklahoma