ADSM-L

Re: ANU2508E wrong write state

2004-01-13 09:30:05
Subject: Re: ANU2508E wrong write state
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:28:30 -0800
Sorry if this is a duplicate...not sure if the first one I sent was a
successfull post.

"Wrong write state" is a message that is left over from the Oracle Agent
days...it should now read "Wrong state". This message indicates that
Oracle made a call to Data Protection for Oracle that is out of sequence
from their stated protocol. Because there is nothing in the error log
preceding this it is not very helpful. The other error in the error might
be of concern, again it depends on the context that these errors were
written to the log. I would suggest using IBM/Tivoli support to help solve
this one so that we can collect the proper traces and logs and put this
into context.

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development
Data Protection for Oracle
rasmussn AT us.ibm DOT com

"Wholey, Joseph (IDS DM&DS)" <joseph_wholey AT ML DOT COM>
01/10/2004 09:23 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
ANU2508E wrong write state

Need help...

I'm getting this message prior to the TDP for Oracle backup failure.  It
transmits appx 6G over 3 channels, but then generates the following errors
in the tdpoerror.log.  I'm not that concerned with
the ANU2602E or the ANS4994S, but I am concerned with the ANU2508E.  Also,
there is very little documentation on the error.
We (tsm admins) did not change any configuration on our side, and the
DBA's state they made no changes on their side.  There is nothing in the
actlog to indicate there is a problem.  My initial
question is, "what is in the "Wrong write state""?  And my next question
is, how do I resolve?  Before I call support, does anyone have any
insight?

OS platform SunOS 5.8
Oracle 8.1.7
TDPv2.2.1
TSM Server V5,2,0.0 running on zOS

01/10/04   09:26:59 ANU2508E Wrong write state
01/10/04   09:28:30 ANU2602E The object
/adsmorc//arch.BFRMDM.9720.515063712 was not found on the TSM Server
01/10/04   09:28:30 ANS4994S TDP Oracle SUN ANU0599 ANU2602E The object
/adsmorc//arch.BFRMDM.9720.515063712 was not fou
nd on the TSM Server
01/10/04   09:28:31 ANU2602E The object
/adsmorc//arch.BFRMDM.9719.515063712 was not found on the TSM Server
01/10/04   09:28:31 ANS4994S TDP Oracle SUN ANU0599 ANU2602E The object
/adsmorc//arch.BFRMDM.9719.515063712 was not fou
nd on the TSM Server

Regards, Joe