ADSM-L

ANR9999D ssrecons.c(2412) & (2398) errors in Actlog

2004-01-12 08:36:46
Subject: ANR9999D ssrecons.c(2412) & (2398) errors in Actlog
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:36:11 +0000
All,

Hmn, funny one this.

        o - Win2K AS, Compaq/HP DL380 G2, 5.1.6.2 TSM Server, DLT
drives.

Getting ANR9999D errors in actlog every 3 to 30 minutes - i.e. *loads*
of them:

        o - ANR9999D ssrecons.c(2412) and (2398)

Had a quick look on the list archive, RBS's substantial-facts and
big-blue.com but haven't found any mentions of these specific
'ssrecons.c' numbers. Various other 'ssrecons.c' articles mention
everything from 'uselargecommbuffers' to 'errors reading two sided
optical media', but nothing that quite fits the error/line number (i.e.
2412 or 2398)  I'm seeing. They've been occurring in the actlog for as
far back as I can see on this TSM server with a frequency of every 2 or
30 to every 30 or so minutes. I'm feeling that they might be tape-drive
related, but I can't see any evidence to back this up... I haven't
noticed any other problems on the server, however.

Anyone else seen these?

Rgds,

David McClelland
Management Systems Integrator
Global Management Systems
Reuters
85 Fleet Street
London EC4P 4AJ

E-mail  david.mcclelland AT reuters DOT com
Reuters Messaging       david.mcclelland.reuters.com AT reuters DOT net

the views of Reuters Ltd.