ADSM-L

Re: Electronic Vaulting

2004-01-09 10:04:20
Subject: Re: Electronic Vaulting
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:03:14 -0500
Hi, Michael,

I'm almost in the same boat you are, but having some difficulties
around. I finally got some dedicated fibres between two loc although
they will be completely done later this year. I've been trying hard to
do the same thing for a long time, but there are always some other
factors that impedes its implementation such as the distance between two
loc and type of connection and whether you need other operator on vaultr
site or not, etc.

I'm sure you had already answers for the following questions, but I'm
just curiouis when you said 'fast pipe'.. What kind of connection do you
have, dark fiber, T1/T3? According to how many 'hops' you have to reach
the vault loc. the total or sustained throuput will vary significantly.
Also, how much data do you plan to move everyday? As far as I
understand, the HW spec of tape libr shouldn't matter as long as TSM
recognize it. Thanks.

Gus

>>> Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM 01/09/04 09:25AM >>>
Hi,

We are getting ready to start doing electronic vaulting using TSM.  We
have identical (at least identical where it counts) hardware in both
locations and a fast pipe between them.  Does anyone have any gotchas
regarding electronic vaulting?  Thanks in advance.

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health of Oklahoma

This e-mail may contain identifiable health information that is subject
to protection
under state and federal law. This information is intended to be for the
use of the
individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited
and may be punishable by law. If you have received this electronic
transmission in
error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail (reply).