ADSM-L

Re: database agent, mail agent, file system agent

2004-01-09 08:13:08
Subject: Re: database agent, mail agent, file system agent
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:12:42 -0500
Joni,

The word "agent" is not used in the *real* product titles anymore.
But the legacy term has carried forward.
The Data Protection clients are separated into named categories:

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail
   - Data Protection for Lotus Domino
   - Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases
   - Data Protection for Oracle
   - Data Protection for Microsoft SQL
   - Data Protection for Informix

Sometimes the TSM backup/archive client is referred to
as the file system agent.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Del