ADSM-L

Re: Taking an end-of-year snapshot

2004-01-08 10:42:26
Subject: Re: Taking an end-of-year snapshot
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:41:53 -0500
Try EXPORT.

You can specify all data, or only ACTIVE data.
It has NO impact on your TSM DB, as an archive will.
And you don't have to move the data across the network again.

You can re-import it to ANY TSMDB, not necessarily the one you have now.

You can specify more than 1 client per EXPORT command, which will put more
than 1 client on a tape (which I don't think you can do with a backupset.)

But I agree with previous post, you can't back-date it!