ADSM-L

Backing up with onbar

2004-01-07 11:30:08
Subject: Backing up with onbar
From: Ted Fiedler <fiedler AT UIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:14:32 -0500
Does anyone currently backup an informix DB using onbar to TSM? I am
current;ly using a 3583library and TSM 5.1. I am trying t come up with a
process that will somewhat automate the rotation of tapes. Currently I have
an oevrflow location set to vault for my tapepool and copypool and use
'move media * stgpool=* wherestatus=filling,full'
to move all the tapes written the previous evening to our vault. Then each
day I do a
'q media stgpool=* days=5 whereovflocation=vault'
to see what tapes should come back. This is where things get wierd. I
either delete the tapes with
'delete vol "volumename" discarddata=yes'
then put the volumes back in and issue
'label libvolume 3583lib checkin=scratch search=yes labelsource=barcode
overwrite=yes'
 or I do an 'checkin libvolume 3583lib "volumename" status='private'
 and then
'update volume "voulumename" access=readwrite location=""'
then issue a
'delete volume "volumename" discarddata=yes'
This seems to delete the data and give a status of empty

Needless to say Things usually get to the point to where every two weeks or
so - I need to empty out all tapes and restart...

Any help at all is greatly appreciated...

Ted Fiedler