ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL log backup

2004-01-05 10:54:29
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL log backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:54:06 -0500
Hi Joe,

Did you get this straightened out yet?
The data to back up is sent from the SQL server
to Data Protection for SQL. And so, Data Protection
for SQL does not "decide" what data to back up.
The SQL Server determines this.
It is strange that the SQL Enterprise Manager backup tool
is acting differently since it uses the same
underlying code to create the backup.
If you are still having problems with this, please
call IBM support and they can diagnose it further.

Thanks,

Del

> We have one client that we used to dump database file with SQL
Enterprise Manager backup scheduled
> utility.
> After dump database we would just back it up with regular B/A client.
>
> Now we started using TDP. It worked fine on full backup. On log backup
it is backing up same size as full > backup. It says in activity log that
it is doing log backup. If I check database and log size in
> Enterprise manager; DB 800MB, Log 150MB
> If I do manual full backup from tdp gui it backs up around 1GB, same if
I do log backup. There is nothing