ADSM-L

OS/390 server memory dumps

2004-01-02 11:46:00
Subject: OS/390 server memory dumps
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:45:05 -0500
We have a TSM 5.1.7.2 server running under OS/390 2.9 at the moment,
and expected to be running under OS/390 2.10 within the next few days.
We occasionally have a process or session cancelled while waiting for
a tape mount. This triggers a completely useless memory dump from TSM.
The OS/390 console message describing the dump is as follows:

IEA794I SVC DUMP HAS CAPTURED: 463
DUMPID=002 REQUESTED BY JOB (ADSM    )
DUMP TITLE=COMPON=OAM LIBRARY AUTO COMM SERVICE,COMPID=5695-DF1
           80,ISSUER=CBRLLACS

Is there any way to suppress these dumps, either by changing TSM
settings or by using OS/390 PARMLIB members or user exits?