ADSM-L

Questionable ANR2957E message

2003-12-29 13:51:59
Subject: Questionable ANR2957E message
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:51:39 -0500
We have a 5.1.7.2 server running under OS/390. Early yesterday morning
the following message showed up in our activity log:

03:16:21 ANR2957E An error occurred inserting a row in an SQL temporary
         table. The server database size may need to be increased

The maximum reduction reported by a 'query db' command later that morning
was over 400 megabytes. As far as I can tell, the only 'select' commands
issued between midnight and the time of the error were commands our
monitoring software runs routinely, and has run successfully with
significantly less unused space in the database. Given this, I don't
think we really need a bigger database. Do I need to worry about other
possible causes for this error?