ADSM-L

Restore/retrieve preview

2003-12-24 14:05:27
Subject: Restore/retrieve preview
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:04:40 -0800
I'm hearing here some people want to archive data, and it could be in the TB
range, for very long periods of time. I would much rather just send this
stuff offsite and not have it take up space in the library and would rather
not work the system to make that second copy. The problem with this is of
course if they want to restore this data the tapes will need to be recalled.

So the question is how to "preview", if you will, what tapes the server will
need to restore that archived data. I haven't found anything yet in any of
the manuals yet, so I was wondering if any of you have been through this
scenario.

Many thanks for the help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC