ADSM-L

Re: 3494

2003-12-22 11:41:24
Subject: Re: 3494
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:38:20 -0500
Not to get off of the subject, but what made you decide on the 3592 tape
configuration?  My thoughts are, what if you lose 1 tape with 1TB of data
on it and it didn't make the offsite copy yet?  Also, have you had many
problems with the 3592's?  Thanks!
********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Hart, Charles"
             <charles.hart@MED
             TRONIC.COM>                                                To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: 3494

             12/22/2003 10:31
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Not sure of the price Diff, but we are in the midst of 3590 > 3592's and
the 3592's really rock.  We are seeing 169GB an hour for our 3590 - 3592
Move data's(faster from 3592 to 3592) and our Unix Data is seeing tape
sizes from 900Gb toi 1 TB.

M00022                       TAPE_APP_B-     3592TAPE       900,000.0
2.4     Filling
                              ACKUP

M00023                       TAPE_APP_B-     3592TAPE       900,000.0
3.6     Filling
                              ACKUP

M00025                       TAPE_DR_CO-     3592TAPE       900,000.0
2.5     Filling
                              PY

M00026                       TAPE_DR_CO-     3592TAPE       1,232,573
99.7       Full
                              PY                                   .7

M00027                       TAPE_BACKU-     3592TAPE       1,075,622
98.5       Full