ADSM-L

Re: Windows Scripts

2003-12-13 21:24:54
Subject: Re: Windows Scripts
From: Steven Pemberton <stevep AT IBK.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:21:36 +1100
On Friday 12 December 2003 01:11, Steve Roder wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>      Anyone know of a good repository of native win2k cmd scripts for
> doing various TSM functions?  I am particularly interested in a script
> that checks for full copypool volumes that are inside a library, issues
> checkout commands (and does the reply), and updates the tapes' access to
> offsite.
>
>      I have written this script in perl on AIX, but the Windows servers I
> help out with do not have perl installed, so .cmd files is what I am
> looking at for this.

Why not just install perl on the Win2K servers? Then you could use your
existing perl scripts on the Windows servers too.

Or, you could just run your existing script on AIX, but configure dsmadmc to
access the Windows TSM server. This way you can still use perl, but don't
even need to install it on the Windows servers.

The thought of doing this in the Windows cmd "language" makes my head hurt...
:)

Regards,
Steven P.

--
Steven Pemberton
Senior Enterprise Management Consultant

Mobile: +61/0 418 335 136 | Phone: +61/3 9820 5811 | Fax: +61/3 9820 9907
Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, 3004, Australia
http://www.senetas.com.au | http://www.ibk.com.au | http://www.datum.com.au