ADSM-L

Errors using tapes on H-drives in 3494

2003-12-10 17:15:59
Subject: Errors using tapes on H-drives in 3494
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:15:34 +0100
Hello,

TSM 5.1.7 on AIX 5.1, Library 3494 and 4x 3590 H-drives FC-attached.

We are in the process of taking into production 4 new 3590 H-drives. We were
using E-drives.

Last weekend we set all the tape (1100) to read-only status, and check-in
some new scratches (using collocation). Now we need to move data as soon as
possible.

When we start move data with a tape written on an E-drive, it moves the data
to a scratch volume. So far so good, but when the scratch tape is defined in
an storage pool we see the message anr8359, Media fault detected and status
is changed again to read-only.

Is this normal, and/or do we have to run some other commands on the tape?

Two years ago we were in the same process from B-drives to E-drives, and
have no trouble at all.

Thanx,

Brian.

MSN Zoeken helpt je om de gekste dingen te vinden! http://search.msn.nl