ADSM-L

Re: SQL TDP configurations

2003-12-10 08:54:00
Subject: Re: SQL TDP configurations
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:53:33 -0500
Yiannakis

One thought... you should send the meta data to a
disk only storage pool. These meta data objects are always
very small (less than 100K)... and to put them to a
tape is not good for performance. You do that by binding
the meta objects to a management class that points to
a disk only storage pool. That is done using the INCLUDE option.
For example (from the sample options files):

   INCLUDE "\...\meta\...\*"     SqlDbMetaMgmtClass

Where "SqlDbMetaMgmtClass" is the management class that
you set up with a disk only storage pool.
Take a look at the User's Guide for more details on
setting this up. It is in a section titled:
"Tivoli Storage Manager policy requirements and recommendations"

Thanks,

Del