ADSM-L

Re: Replacement of Tape Library

2003-12-10 03:57:24
Subject: Re: Replacement of Tape Library
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:41:55 +0200
Let me first ask a question before answering yours: why are you going to
*downgrade*?? Are you going to use 3583 somewhere else? It can be upgraded
with Ultrium 2 drives.

You can read from and even write to existing tapes without paying
attention what is the name of the new library. You can delete old drives
and library, and define new ones under same name. You can also define new
library and use "UPDate DEVclass <your tape class> LIBRary=<new 3582
name>". The process is simple and very straightforward.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Crawford, Lindy" <lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA>
08.12.2003 10:17