ADSM-L

Re: SQL TDP configurations

2003-12-09 12:56:15
Subject: Re: SQL TDP configurations
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:55:41 -0500
Dave,

I find this to be a mix. That is, there are some customers
backing their SQL databases to disk first, then migrating
them to tape. There are other customers backing them up
directly to tape. There is no "correct" answer, because it
depends on your service level agreements, your TSM Server
infrastructure, whether you are using Data Protection
for SQL backup striping, colocation settings, backup strategy, etc.
Maybe others on this list can share the techniques
that work best for them.

Thanks,

Del