ADSM-L

Re: Number of usable cells in a 3494

2003-12-08 12:39:39
Subject: Re: Number of usable cells in a 3494
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:38:21 -0600
the recovery cell is that ~upper left~ cell that you refer to
the CE tape cell is in that same column but the bottom cell or ~lower left~
you might say...

those are the only two I know of that you can't access for general use

Dwight

                      "Thomas Rupp,
                      Vorarlberger             To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Illwerke AG"             cc:
                      <Thomas.Rupp@ILLW        Subject:  Number of usable cells
in a 3494
                      ERKE.AT>
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      12/08/2003 10:43
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi TSM-ers,

I'm running TSM 4.2.2.8 on a NSM with a 3494 library with 210 cells
(counted by myself).
mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qL only reports 206 cells
   number of cells............206
   available cells............0

In the library I find one CE and two cleaning cartridges.

mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -vqK -s fff6 shows
   number of volumes....1

mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -vqK -s fffd shows
   number of volumes....2

One of this 4 "missing" cells is the special cell in the upper left corner
but
how about the remaining 3 cells?
How can I use this cells? Could the CE and cleaning cartridges be counted
twice by the 3494?

I never had much to do with the 3494 so the solution to this "problem"
might
be quite obvious.

Thanks and kind regards
Thomas Rupp