ADSM-L

Conflict betw. TSM Jrnl service and TSRM?

2003-12-04 08:54:50
Subject: Conflict betw. TSM Jrnl service and TSRM?
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 05:54:18 -0800
Has anyone run into conflicts between Tivoli Storage Resource Manager and TSM
on Win2K systems?  I'm evaluating TSRM and have an agent installed on one of my
Win2K file servers.  This system runs TSM client 5.2.0 with the journal service
enabled.  For the past few days I've noted that the nightly backup process
hangs; when I go to check things out I find that the journal service is chewing
up some serious CPU and won't stop normally.  The only thing I can think of is
that TSRM is conflicting somehow.  I've turned that guy off to see if it
happens again tonight.

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO