ADSM-L

Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?

2003-12-03 15:36:34
Subject: Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?
From: Michael Prix <michael.prix AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:35:36 +0100
Paul Ripke:

> This is exactly the scenario we have with one of our TSM servers. With
> client initiated actions (backups/restores) the address/name configured
> in dsm.opt does specify the path of data taken to the server. Then, it's
> up to the routing table on the server for which path is taken by data
> back to the client. So, yes, it is possible for a single connection to
> run in a loop through the network - packets going in on one TSM server
> ethernet card, and going out another different card.

We solved it with static routes on the TSM Server.
Observed tracffic going back to the server via the defined defaultroute,
regardless of the netmask. No other way to force the packets to the "right"
network. Even a static route to the network didn't work, we had to set routes
for each client.

Yes, AIX 5.1 (ML0 - ML5)

--
Michael Prix
I'm waiting for tech support to call me back. I'm also waiting for the second