ADSM-L

Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?

2003-12-02 18:23:23
Subject: Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:20:17 +1100
On Wednesday, Dec 3, 2003, at 02:06 Australia/Sydney, Marc Levitan
wrote:

Unfortunately, my clients are on multiple subnets... not all are on the
same subnet as the 2 Tivoli Server subnets...

This is exactly the scenario we have with one of our TSM servers. With
client initiated actions (backups/restores) the address/name configured
in dsm.opt does specify the path of data taken to the server. Then, it's
up to the routing table on the server for which path is taken by data
back to the client. So, yes, it is possible for a single connection to
run in a loop through the network - packets going in on one TSM server
ethernet card, and going out another different card.

One option may be to run periodic "netstat -an | grep EST" on the TSM
server (or equivalent for non-UNIX like OS). The local address portion
should have the IP address the client connected to, which should match
what's in dsm.opt.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke