ADSM-L

Re: last backup info

2003-12-01 11:09:02
Subject: Re: last backup info
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:08:08 -0500
We have found that many TDP agents, especially older ones, don't bother
think I've also seen this with some Mac clients.   But almost all the
filesystem clients DO load these fields correctly.

Another reason they're empty is because the schedule included something in
the objects field.  If you do an incremental backup, but limit it using the
object= feature on the schedule, dsmc does not load these fields, presumably
because it can't be sure that things were fully backed up.

We have workarounds within Servergraph to get accurate backup status
reporting - contact me offline if that's your concern.

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect
www.servergraph.com
512-482-6138 ext 105