ADSM-L

last backup info

2003-12-01 10:56:18
Subject: last backup info
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 07:54:53 -0800
Can anyone explain why the last backup start date/time, last backup
completion date/time, and deletion occurred in filespace date/time would
have no information in them for filespaces reported on some nodes? The
capacity and percent util register data.

Yesterday we had a SAN controller firmware upgrade and it seems one of the
nodes on the SAN lost the data and a recovery is necessary. I'm not the one
restoring the data nor do I have access to the node. I'm just looking from
the TSM server side to see what is "hopefully" in TSM. I don't want to say I
have a bad feeling something hasn't been backed up but I do want to have an
educated answer if in fact there is no data.

I understand the inclexcl list tells TSM what to back up, and I have no
control of it. I have not asked to see this one yet but have a feeling I
might need to. This particular node reports it is at 5.1.5.0, it is on Tru64
platform. The server is on AIX 4.3.3, TSM 5.1.6.3.

I see this same phenomenon for other filespaces on other nodes, although it
has never struck me to ask why it is blank.

Thanks for the help,

Node Name

CP-ITS-DWPROD

Filespace Name

/san2

FSID

49

Filespace Type

ADVFS

Capacity (MB)

416687.2

Pct Util

1.3

Last Backup Start Date/Time

-

Last Backup Completion Date/Time

-

Deletion occurred in Filespace Date/Time

-

Is Filespace Unicode?

NO

Hexadecimal Filespace Name