ADSM-L

FW: deleting 1200 volumes (== one stgpool)

2003-12-01 09:51:13
Subject: FW: deleting 1200 volumes (== one stgpool)
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:50:12 -0500
Let SQL do it for you!!
Pipe the output of these commands to a file...(make sure the storagepool
name is upper case. It matters!)...

SET SQLDISPLAYMODE WIDE
SELECT 'DEL VOL ' || TRIM(VOLUME_NAME) || ' DISCARD=YES WAIT=YES' FROM
VOLUMES WHERE STGPOOL_NAME='<uppercase storage pool name>'

You can then edit the output and feed it into dsmadmc as a macro or just
cut'n'paste. You should do the WAIT=YES to avoid database contention and
possible lock-out conditions.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.