ADSM-L

Re: data in wrong stgpool

2003-12-01 06:32:50
Subject: Re: data in wrong stgpool
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:32:13 +0200
Single "move nodedata" ought to be enough for single node. Depending on
the number of nodes, several moves can be less time consuming than
collocation of the whole stgpool.
"clean archdir" and "clean backupgroup" are intended for totally different
purposes and the only surprise would be if they did what you wanted.

Natural expiration of the data is good option and might save you some tape
drive load if you do "move nodedata" later. But your course of action is
correct and you can do it even right now.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Kurt A Rybczyk <rybczyk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
25.11.2003 21:51